What is Immigration law?
Immigration law defines who can enter and stay in the United States, and under what conditions. Immigration law also includes issues related to citizenship, asylum, and deportation. An immigration lawyer can provide legal advice and representation to individuals and organizations for issues involving immigration, deportation, citizenship, asylum, and more.
Get Your Free Consultation
What is An Immigration lawer?
An immigration lawyer provides legal advice and representation to individuals and organizations in matters related to immigration. Some of the specific things that an immigration lawyer may do include:
- Advising clients on the requirements and qualifications for obtaining a visa, permanent residence, or citizenship.
- Preparing and filing immigration applications and petitions on behalf of clients.
- Representing clients in interviews and hearings with immigration officials.
- Handling appeals of denied immigration applications and petitions.
- Advising employers on compliance with immigration laws and regulations related to hiring and sponsoring foreign workers.
- Representing clients in deportation and removal proceedings.
- Advising clients on the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
- Advising clients on the immigration options available for same-sex couples.
- Advising clients on the options for temporary protected status, political asylum and refugee.
- Advising clients on special issues, such as human trafficking, waiver of inadmissibility, and special removal defense.